[LEAPSECS] real-time UT1 realisation

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Sep 23 21:09:02 EDT 2011

> If you want to make a nice project out of this, grab ser7.dat once

> a day for a month and then make a nice graph of worst-case

> error vs. prediction interval.

Oops, I see PHK already suggested this idea and also provided
a link to all the past bulletins. So with all that data readily available
it was easy to make a plot showing the error in DUT1 prediction
as a function of prediction age.

For example, here is a plot showing DUT1 prediction error for a
typical day last week (Sep 14, MJD 55818) over this year:
http://leapsecond.com/pages/dut1/dut1-err-mjd-55818-a.gif
In retrospect you can see the error is 40 to 50 ms 9 months ago.

If you zoom to the past few months instead of the whole year,
the error is down to a few ms:
http://leapsecond.com/pages/dut1/dut1-err-mjd-55818-b.gif

/tvb