[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Jan 5 00:49:04 EST 2012

On 4 Jan 2012 at 20:15, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> The problem with your argument is that the time zone system doesn't

> work for everyone. What is the "local civil time" for someone who

> doesn't hold citizenship in any country and lives on a boat that

> continuously circumnavigates the world?

World time zone maps generally show a series of perfectly regular
time zones divided at the appropriate meridians through the oceans
wherever there aren't any nations that set their time otherwise for
political reasons.

However, I suppose on any particular ship it would be up to the
captain to decide when to adjust ship time, not necessarily exactly
when those meridians are crossed.

--
== Dan ==