[LEAPSECS] Fwd: It just occurred to me...

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jan 19 02:12:53 EST 2012

In message <4829D1F0-ADF3-49A3-888F-C463802F72B2 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>> Note that 460-7 says nothing about "old UTC" other than it stops in five

>> years; however, the specification for "old UTC" 460-6 will be officially

>> deprecated and inactive.

That would in my mind be a pretty perverse way to interpret the text,
and I seriously doubt that anybody with just a marginal perception of
the subject matter would interpret it that way.

That of course still leaves 95% of all programmers and 99.99% of
all journalists subject to confusion.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe