[LEAPSECS] Ce n'est que le premier pas qui co?te ?

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Sat Jan 21 17:57:31 EST 2012

On 21 Jan 2012, at 18:51, Zefram wrote:

> The amendment sought to return Somerset to the timekeeping regime that

> held in the 1830s. It sought to do this by turning back the law.

It didn't really, or at least not seriously. Rees Mogg is an obsessive anti-European. This was just an attention-seeking piece of triviality by a trivial man. Hansard, 20th january 2012 (no column number as it's not as yet finalised). He didn't want Somerset to set its own time-zone, he just wanted an opportunity to recite platitudes with the usual intellectual heft of the Eurosceptics, which thanks to the echo chamber they inhabit they all think is frightfully clever. This is the sort of juvenile posturing that passes for debate amongst his kind. One day, he might open his mouth in parliament and say something worthwhile, but you can see from http://www.jacobreesmogg.com/parliamentary-activities/ that given an occasion to rise to, he always manages to be trivial.