[LEAPSECS] Recording GPS leap-second

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Mon May 7 15:16:11 EDT 2012

> Are anybody are working on making a spectrum recording of GPS signals

> around the leapsecond, for use as test-stimuli for testing leap-second

> handling ?

> I suspect that a USRP should be able to do the job ?

If you have the right front end, I guess it would be possible. Would
you just capture a slice around the L1 and L2 frequencies, or try
to capture a big chunk of the band? (I guess a few MHz around L1
would probably be enough to be useful.) I have access to a spectrum
analyser that works in the band, but its memory is probably too
limited to be useful.

David.