[LEAPSECS] USWP7A docs for 2013 September meetings

Gerard Ashton ashtongj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 14 12:13:34 EDT 2013

developers on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:36 AM.

In my view the most pervasive example of unwillingness to think too hard
about time, or write too much about it in government regulations and union
contracts, is the issue of workers who work in different time zones during a
day. How is such a worker to record his hours worked. How do government
rules or union agreements about overtime, mandatory breaks and lunch
periods, etc., apply to such a worker. I don't think such things are
specified anywhere in sufficient detail to implement computer based time
reporting systems. Such details are certainly not communicated to individual
contributors and first line managers in a way that would allow them to
complete and approve time cards with any degree of certainty that such rules
that might exist are being followed.

Gerard Ashton