[LEAPSECS] USWP7A docs for 2013 September meetings

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Aug 14 12:41:28 EDT 2013

In message <000001ce9909$39dc7e30$ad957a90$@comcast.net>, "Gerard Ashton" write
s:

>In my view the most pervasive example of unwillingness to think too hard

>about time, or write too much about it in government regulations and union

>contracts, is the issue of workers who work in different time zones during a

They don't need to write anything, the US Supreme Court has nailed that
one long time ago: You are paid for the time you are there (ie:
interval time), not for what the clock shows when you start and
stop.

I blive the case was about company "fixing" the time-clocks to be
early in the morning and late in the evening.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe