[LEAPSECS] Daylight Time snafus

Matsakis, Demetrios demetrios.matsakis at usno.navy.mil
Mon Feb 24 18:25:49 EST 2014

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much notice is given. This morning I got an email from someone asking why his clock just jumped to daylight time. I've had many emails from people whose clocks incorporate a change late, which could be due to radio reception problems among other things. I've also gotten some from people whose clocks are pre-programmed with the old American daylight time rules, or European ones. But this is a first for early daylight.

As always programming errors are the default guess. Last leap year we even suspected one product had an issue related to February 29. Only the manufacturers know for sure.

Message: 2