[LEAPSECS] QB213 .R4 2013

Steffen Nurpmeso (Daode) sdaoden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 07:52:22 EST 2014

Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
|Eric Fort <eric.fort at gmail.com> wrote:
|> a schedule within seconds or even minutes I think the mass public
|> would probably like to see their wall clocks remain in sync with the
|> rotation of the planet on which they presently reside.
|
|Note that DST exists because people prefer to set their clocks to sunrise
|than to midday, but sunrise is too inconvenient so we use a quantized
|approximation.

Hmm -- our chancellor said back then (1978?) something about saving
energy (remember it was not too long after the oil crisis, which
still exists btw., and all those problems with terrorists, he was
pretty busy but i can't believe he got that wrong).

I like that we are able to keep an exact time, and other people on
this list even know how.

As a simple person i fail to see the problem, of course.
I've read the proposal of Markus Kuhn and i liked it.
Last year or so this list referenced the report on Google Smear
and i've read it and think it's a good thing.
The systems i can use require an external time source because left
alone it's odd. Would i be isolated it wouldn't matter.
Otherwise i'd need a protocol to communicate, and possible
differences in time keeping had to be adjusted via the protocol
anyway.

Besides i don't like the levelling down everywhere. Note in
Europe we have standards for the forms of cucumber, for better
packing (very strong forwarder lobby).

--steffen