[LEAPSECS] final report of the UK leap seconds dialog

Stephen Scott stephenscott at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 5 16:37:43 EST 2015

Hello Kevin.

The information specifying that for Japan the next Leap Second will be
applied Wednesday, July 1, at 9:00. is interesting in that this is the
first official policy on when the Leap second shall be applied to a
local timescale. Maybe I have been looking in teh wrong places.
This is a local decision for a local time.
  I am not aware of any international standards that touch the subject.
I would be interested in learning about other jurisdictions that may
have published a policy.

*Stephen Scott*

On 2015-02-05 09:35, Kevin Birth wrote:
> Wednesday, July 1, at 9:00.