[LEAPSECS] final report of the UK leap seconds dialog

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Feb 6 02:43:22 EST 2015

--------
In message <54D401F8.8000101 at edlmax.com>, Brooks Harris writes:
>On 2015-02-05 05:53 PM, Kevin Birth wrote:

>But there's no *specified* standard, I think, right?

There are *many* specified standards.

The specification of local time is in (super-/sub-)national
legislation.

In EU it is in the directive about Daylight Savings Time.

Most such legislation says "UTC +/- $integer_hours" and it follows
trivially that leapseconds happen at localtime of +/- $integer_hours.