[LEAPSECS] final report of the UK leap seconds dialog

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Feb 6 08:46:00 EST 2015

Poul-Henning Kamp said:
> The specification of local time is in (super-/sub-)national
> legislation.
>
> In EU it is in the directive about Daylight Savings Time.

No, all that says is when the offset gets changed. It doesn't specify an
offset. If Italy wanted to move to 48 minutes 37 seconds ahead of UTC in
the winter, it could, so long as it moves to +01:48:37 at 01:00 UT/UTC
(I forget which the Italian version uses) on the last Sunday in March and
moves back at the same time on the last Sunday in October.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.