[LEAPSECS] stale leap second information

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Thu Jan 15 22:11:30 EST 2015

There are at least 2 discussions on various lists I'm on that are
talking about leap-second files.

Recent versions of ntpd will check the leapsecond file's timestamp and
reload the file automatically when it's been updated.

So it should be pretty easy to code up a cron script to check a site for
an updated file and download it if needed.

If somebody was to do this under a suitable license, I'll happily add it
to the NTP distribution.

This could be done in addition to any other "leapsecond distribution
approaches."

Just an idea...
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>