[LEAPSECS] stale leap second information

Steffen Nurpmeso sdaoden at yandex.com
Sat Jan 17 14:20:13 EST 2015

Hello,

oh, you're of course right with anything you say.
I have to clarify one thing however, and that is that

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
 |--------
 |In message <20150116205656.in5Lwal6%sdaoden at yandex.com>, Steffen \
 |Nurpmeso write
 |s:

 |>I consider it bad style to (1) misuse publically available A/AAAA
 |>records with faked addresses and then in addition (2) use
 |>non-private address ranges that may possibly clash real server
 |>addresses.
 |
 |I can enumerabte the number of f**ks I give about that kind of
 |high-horse moral grand-standing in a single bit.  (Hint: it
 |won't be a one).

moral is the one thing, but what i really had in mind was the
problem with some lawyer getting in touch with the fact that for
six months or even longer some client address is "misused" by some
protocol.  This could be the end of leap via DNS A or AAAA for
completely useless reasons and even more for nothing, since it can
easily be avoided by using private range addresses which don't
have this problem.

--steffen