[LEAPSECS] stale leap second information

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jan 17 14:27:03 EST 2015

--------
In message <20150117192013.ZpD8Kq7W%sdaoden at yandex.com>, Steffen Nurpmeso write
s:

>moral is the one thing, but what i really had in mind was the
>problem with some lawyer getting in touch with the fact that for
>six months or even longer some client address is "misused" by some
>protocol.

1.  No IP addresses are misused, in the sense that should anybody
    have a valid claim to use these addresess, nothing I do will
    impact their ability to do so.  I'm merely transmitting numbers,
    there will never on my behalf be an IP packet using these
    numbers as source or destination addresses.

2.  I live in a civilized society and have repeatedly heard lawyers
    from the US deflate once they realized that they didn't known
    what the relevant laws said, much less the language to find out.