[LEAPSECS] The definition of a day

Alex Currant alexcurrant911 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 10:00:06 EST 2015

Do the archives also have emails calling this is a scare-tactic?   Are there emails saying that society will shift naturally and imperceptibly, so that no one will ever have to go to work or school in the dark?   Right now schools are talking about shifting their hours so that grade-school kids will go early and high school kids will go late.   Nobody is arguing that it will disrupt the American nation.     Aren't we confusing time with the measurement of time?   Is that as bad as confusing perfect programming with real-world programmers?
Is it also playing into fears to do the math poorly about the effect in the short run?   Does anybody really think there will average almost a leap second a year between now and 2100, so that the new predictions are wrong?   I checked the numbers.   Less than a minute by 2100.  Is this why those against the ITU resolution don't acknowledge them?