[LEAPSECS] The definition of a day

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Jan 30 16:46:35 EST 2015

On Jan 30, 2015, at 8:41 AM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> Rob loves to quote the archives as if they irrefutably prove his point.

My point is that a coherent approach to systems engineering would be the most efficient and robust way to resolve the issue.  Is this controversial?  And rather, I choose not to ignore the fact that this conversation has been going on for many years and that we have already covered many topics in great detail.  The list archives are a great source of information and analysis from diverse people, which is why we linked to them from http://futureofutc.org

> The biggest thing that’s ignored in them is that time zone can and do change all the time.

They do not accelerate secularly.  And the underlying Universal Time can be recovered to tie the whole carousel of time zones together.

Rob