[LEAPSECS] 2-hour leap smear in Japan

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 12:02:11 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 03:47:49PM +0200, Martin Burnicki wrote:
> I really doubt that real NTP clients can follow a server smearing a leap
> second over 2 hours only.

You mean a client using default configuration? With a reduced polling
interval I think it shouldn't be a big problem to follow closely a
server that smears leap second in just two hours.

Anyway, from the article it's not clear to me if they will make a leap
smear on NTP servers or precompensate the clocks locally be slewing.

--
Miroslav Lichvar