[LEAPSECS] leap second festivities?

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 22:07:38 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> wrote:

> Is it too late to get an option E added of simply scheduling “summer" leap
> seconds on the last Sunday morning in June?

Depending on when on Sunday you do this, it may still after the Sydney
Stock Exchange starts trading on *Monday* morning; or when the Middle East
Exchanges are still running.

Nasdaq Dubai trades 0600 to 1000 GMT (yes, GMT) Sunday to Thursday.

DST transitions occur at off-peak times in local time.  A leap second
(which I think should continue) will have to be coordinated universally

Could we speed up the Cesium Hyperfine Transition, please?  It might be
easier than resolving the Leap Second Debate :-)

Or we could all move to London?  The UKIP may not like it, but they can
shift to Greece, I supoose.
--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane