[LEAPSECS] Civil timekeeping before 1 January 1972

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Fri Mar 13 10:29:25 EDT 2015

On Fri 2015-03-13T07:29:40 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:
> But more importantly, when we get to the point were we are arguing
> over the meaning of common well known words we might as well stop it.

That's kindof funny because two weeks from now in Geneva at the
CPM15-2 meeting for Agenda Item 1.14 there are going to be a whole
bunch of delegations arguing over the meaning of "calendar day"
with some insisting that it is related to the rotation of the earth
and others denying the validity of the question.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855