[LEAPSECS] Look Before You Leap – The Coming Leap Second and AWS | Hacker News

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed May 20 10:56:19 EDT 2015

--------
In message <05704FAC-8087-42CA-BB03-51C4B21C6E28 at tcs.wap.org>, "Jonathan E. Har
dis " writes:

>I stand by my original statement. The label on the box is a mass specificati=
>on, not a force specification.  See the reference provided.

I didn't say the label didn't describe a mass, I said that your blanket
statement:
	 "That box of Wheaties that is labelled 'Net Weight 10 oz' would
	correctly weigh 10 oz everywhere on Earth, on the Moon, and on the ISS."

...is not correct, because the mass is only applicable in the local
environment at the shipping factory.