[LEAPSECS] Bloomberg announced its smear

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Sep 26 10:23:22 EDT 2016

Brooks Harris <brooks at edlmax.com> wrote:

> The short of it is Windows behave just like POSIX as far as I can tell,
> except its epoch, represented as struct FILETIME, is 1601-01-01T00:00:00
> (UTC-like), which is, apparently the COBOL epoch (I didn't track down
> the references on that).

It turns up when converting formatted dates to integer count-of-days.

http://community.microfocus.com/microfocus/cobol/extend_and_acucobol/f/20/t/9565.aspx
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ceea300/clccbld.htm

Tony.
Shannon: Cyclonic 4 or 5, becoming west 5 to 7. Moderate or rough,
occasionally very rough later in northwest. Rain, fog patches at first.
Moderate or good, occasionally very poor at first.