[LEAPSECS] BBC radio Crowd Science

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jan 31 09:13:26 EST 2017

Michael.Deckers. via LEAPSECS <leapsecs at leapsecond.com> wrote:

>    On 2017-01-30 13:06, Tony Finch wrote:
>
> > It's tricky. Bulletin C is pretty clear about when it thinks TAI-UTC
> > changes:
> >
> >    from 2015 July 1, 0h UTC, to 2017 January 1 0h UTC   : UTC-TAI = - 36s
> >    from 2017 January 1, 0h UTC, until further notice    : UTC-TAI = - 37s

>     Pretty clear? Let's try. What does Bulletin C52 say about the
>     relationship between UTC and TAI when TAI is equal to
>     2017-01-01T00:00:36.5.

Y'know, if you are going to argue with one of my messages, it would be
more polite not to snip the sentence I wrote which agrees with your
points. You wrote a good pedantic analysis of the problem; a pity it
wasn't also kind.

>     Fact is, the statement of Bulletin C52 cannot be true when the value of
>     TAI is during a positive leap second, but it doesn't say so.
>     So yes, pretty tricky.

https://pairlist6.pair.net/pipermail/leapsecs/2017-January/006737.html

: : However, since there isn't any TAI time with a :60 seconds label, it
: : doesn't make much sense to have a defined delta for the last UTC
: : second of 2016.

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet: Southwest 4 or 5 backing south 5 to 7, perhaps gale 8 later in
Fastnet. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough in Fastnet. Occasional
rain. Moderate or good.