[LEAPSECS] Windows Server 2019

Stephen Scott stephenscott at videotron.ca
Mon Jul 23 13:58:49 EDT 2018

All;

What I was trying to get an answer to is "Why is the one leap second
treated any different from the other 86400 seconds in the day when
offsetting the UTC time to a UTC offset time zone?"

Yes, ITU-R TF 460-6 defines the timing of the leap second in UTC.

I have not found any specifications or official documents that specify
that the leap second shall be incorporated just before the time instant
midnight UTC for all UTC offset timescales.

Stephen