[LEAPSECS] Windows Server 2019

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Jul 23 14:52:23 EDT 2018

On Mon 2018-07-23T13:58:49-0400 Stephen Scott hath writ:
> I have not found any specifications or official documents that specify that
> the leap second shall be incorporated just before the time instant midnight
> UTC for all UTC offset timescales.

There is no authority for "all UTC offset timescales."
All local times are decided by local jurisdictions.
This is an issue long treated in the IANA tz mail list which
is a community effort that makes best effort to track every
little change made by every legislature and bureaucrat.

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855