[LEAPSECS] Adjusting Big Ben video (was Re: Of stepping motors and leap seconds)

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 17:50:21 EST 2019

Sorry Tom, that BBC news item is ten years old, and it looks like the video
has been removed.  There are a number of videos on Youtube which talk about
adding or removing old pennies from the pendulum to correct it.  See, for
example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Elffjsjbio

An eight-minute video extracted from the Discovery channel's "Blowing Up
History" series, entitled:  The Mechanical Genius of Big Ben

     Regards,

           Peter