[LEAPSECS] Adjusting Big Ben video (was Re: Of stepping motors and leap seconds)

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Feb 9 18:00:17 EST 2019

How do they keep big Ben in sync these days? Eg, who decides it is running
fast or slow? In the past I've been told they steered to Greenwich
observatory who would shoot a cannon off and drop a red ball to announce
the time to London... on my recent trip to Greenwich observatory I
discovered they no longer fire off the cannon, etc.

Warner