[LEAPSECS] leapseconds, converting between GPS time (week, second) and UTC

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jan 15 14:49:00 EST 2019

> If you set your POSIX system clock at TAI minus 10 seconds then
> it keeps track of the number of seconds which have been counted
> in the internationally approved radio broadcast time scales.

So, wait. In order to use Python for any proper UTC processing you have to configure your PC to run on TAI? That sounds, sort of inconvenient if you're trying to do anything with precise time. It's the same as Excel.

Still, I bet more astronomers use Python than Excel to point telescopes. How do you handle the lack of leap second support in Python?

/tvb