[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 153, Issue 3

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Jul 15 20:58:54 EDT 2020

On 7/15/2020 10:42 AM, Demetrios Matsakis via LEAPSECS wrote:
 > There is a well-known decrease in the slow-down due to the global
 > warming since the ice ages.   Basically the ice caps melt, the oceans
 > rise, and the Earth gets rounder.   But the same people who do that
 > math say today’s warming, dramatic as it may be for our biosphere, is
 > too little for this particular effect.   People have gotten that
 > stuff wrong since George Darwin, though.

Attached are 380k year plots of sea level (lod-msl-fig1.gif) and
estimated LOD (lod-msl-fig7.gif).

The two papers of interest are cached here:

http://leapsecond.com/pages/lod/2010-Chapanov-Gambis-Long-Variations-Earth-Rotation.pdf
*Long-Periodical Variations of Earth Rotation, Determined from
Reconstructed Millennial-Scale Glacial Sea Level*
Yavor Chapanov, Daniel Gambis

http://leapsecond.com/pages/lod/2003-Sidall-Glacial_Sea_Lvl_Red_Sea-Na03.pdf
*Sea-level fluctuations during the last glacial cycle**
*M. Siddall, E. J. Rohling, A. Almogi-Labin, Ch. Hemleben, D. Meischner,
I. Schmelzer, D. A. Smeed

See below for the thread from 2014.

https://pairlist6.pair.net/pipermail/leapsecs/2014-April/005112.html

/tvb