[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 153, Issue 3

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jul 16 10:03:31 EDT 2020

Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I predict a scramble to SLS by the remaining Cloud Vendors when this
> happens.

Akamai, Amazon, Bloomberg, and Google have been smearing for years. I
don't have a note for Apple or IBM or Oracle. Microsoft announced support
for proper leap seconds in 2018, beautifully timed near the start of the
second great leap second drought. I cynically expect based on past
experience that it will not actually work properly at the next leap
second, but hopefully not as badly as 2012...

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/networking/2018/10/24/leap-seconds-for-the-appdev-what-you-should-know/
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/networking/2018/07/18/top10-ws2019-hatime/
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/networking/2018/10/17/leapseconds-for-the-itpro/
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2012/02/29/windows-azure-cloud-hit-by-downtime/

Tony.
Viking, North Utsire: Southerly 4 to 6. Slight or moderate. Occasional rain.
Moderate or good, occasionally poor later.