PHP 5 port of Markdown, plugin-based

Paul M Jones pmjones88 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 08:18:08 EDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 12:13 AM, John Gruber wrote:

> Paul M Jones <pmjones88 at gmail.com> wrote on 8/15/06 at 10:21 AM:

>> I'm happy to take feedback and suggestions for improving the code,

>> and I hope it can be of use to any PHP 5 folks who love Markdown.

> Any word on performance differences from Michel's implementation?

No hard numbers yet; my intuition is that the Solar implementation
will be slower, due to the much larger number of files and separate
classes. The tradeoff is flexibility. I'll set up some benchmarks
and report back.

--

Paul M. Jones <http://paul-m-jones.com>

Solar: Simple Object Library and Application Repository
for PHP5. <http://solarphp.com>

Savant: The simple, elegant, and powerful solution for
templates in PHP. <http://phpsavant.com>