Possible bug in Markdown.pl with `<<` handling

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Mon Sep 11 17:00:21 EDT 2006

It appears that "double angles" are not properly converted when they
are not in code blocks, if there is not a space following the second
`<`.

For example:

This is not handled <<properly>>.

But this <<is>>.

As is << this>>/.

becomes:

<pre><code>But this &lt;&lt;is&gt;&gt;.
</code></pre>

The `&;t;<` causes problems with XSLT. I suppose one could look for
series of `<`'s and convert them all to `&lt;`. Is there any
situation in which this would be the incorrect thing to do?

Fletcher

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

I have noted that persons with bad judgment are most insistent that
we do what they think best.
- Lionel Abel