Bug: Code block after list

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Aug 4 18:34:36 EDT 2007

* Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com> [2007-08-04 20:40]:

> IIRC, there was a recent discussion about having two blank

> lines force the end of a block. If implemented, that would

> certainly work here and simplify all the possibilities Michel

> summarized nicely. Most likely, I would then always wrap any

> code blocks in two blank lines for good measure.

> Certainly a simpler solution than others proposed here. Or is

> there something obvious that I'm missing?

No. And I say that this solution is still better than adding an
alternative code block syntax, because while the code block
syntax would address the “new paragraph in a list item, or code
block following a list?” ambiguity, there are more ambiguities
very much like that one.

Eg.: how do you write two consecutive lists? How do you write two
consecutive code blocks?

Note, however, that the “two empty lines end a block” rule only
works at the top-most level, so these ambiguities would continue
to exist in nested lists and code blocks.

Regards,