Markdown and Wikis

Andrea Censi andrea at censi.org
Thu Feb 22 12:53:23 EST 2007

> Instiki - Definitely a nice wiki in my experience esp for it's

> Markdown support (via Ruby's BlueCloth implementation). This is also a

> great product to turn to for its nice project pages. You won't waste a

> lot of time setting up instiki initially.

I'd like to add that Jacques Distler has integrated [Maruku] into
Instiki. Here are the details:

http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/blog/archives/001165.html

His goal was to have MathML output with LaTeX input. As a side effect,
now Instiki has support for Markdown Extra + other advanced features
supported by Maruku.

At the moment, however, all of this is in a separate branch of Instiki.

--
Andrea Censi
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" (Oscar Wilde)