reference-style/shortcut syntax

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Jan 17 08:42:55 EST 2007

Le 2007-01-16 à 21:16, Richard Taytor a écrit :

> It seems reasonable to prefix a marker colon (possibly followed by

> whitespace):

> [:ref link] or [: ref link]

But then, what would be the point of writing [:ref link] instead of
[ref link][]? If we introduce a shortcut syntax, I think the only
option is [ref link]; anything else would just be an *alternative*
syntax to [ref link][], not really a shortcut since you're adding new
things. And I don't see the point in adding a new syntax for links
with so little added value.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/