Markdown generates invalid html for a list immediately followed by a quote

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:05:17 EDT 2007

John Gruber wrote:

> That's what I'm thinking the output should be. I think there should be

> an official rule that all block-level constructs must be separated by

> a blank line.

This sounds just terrible to me. I don't want to require huge numbers
of blank lines whenever I want deeply nested lists, etc. People don't
always use such blank lines when they write (non-markdown) plain text
emails or documents, and I think mandating them in general is a mistake.
The current inconsistent hodge-podge behavior, which horribly breaks
on all the edge cases, is of course also not the right solution.

-Jacob