Collaboration made simple with bracket notation

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Mon Jan 21 09:31:04 EST 2008

It's an interesting idea - as mentioned in the comments the brackets
would need to be changed to something else that doesn't collide with
current (or future) Markdown syntax, but I like the concept.

I've had several MMD users who collaborated on documents and tried to
avoid using Word for its annotation features. I added in a custom
feature so that Scrivener users could use it's annotation feature to
insert comments, but it doesn't have a deletion/addition syntax.

I could consider adding something like this to MultiMarkdown, but
would rather wait to ensure that the chosen syntax was compatible with
whatever Gruber has planned for Markdown.

Fletcher

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at fletcherpenney.net

I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York
said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't
cold enough. Let's go west.'
- Richard Jeni