Collaboration made simple with bracket notation

david parsons orc at pell.pell.chi.il.us
Tue Jan 22 02:41:35 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 09:31:04AM -0500, Fletcher T. Penney wrote:

> It's an interesting idea - as mentioned in the comments the brackets

> would need to be changed to something else that doesn't collide with

> current (or future) Markdown syntax, but I like the concept.

I'm fairly late to the game (and I wrote a C markdown before I
started reading this list, so I'm not exactly in the mainstream) but
the syntax described on humanized seems incredibly noisy. Wouldn't
the editorial corrections markup fit better as a footnote?

I'd think that something like [text](ed: change -- why), like so:

They called to say that [they're](ed: was `their` -- be
careful with "their" and "they're") coming over in
[a](ed: was `an` -- `an` is only before a vowel) quarter-hour.

might be a little more readable than the thicket of []'s that
Mr. Raskin proposed.

-david parsons