Markdown Extra Spec: Parsing Section

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri May 9 16:19:02 EDT 2008

On 9 May 2008, at 19:57, Yuri Takhteyev wrote:

>> Still, why shouldn't refnames be allowed to have embedded brackets

>> and newlines, if explicit links can?

> To me those seem to be two entirely different things... The _text_ of

> the link has to be flexible to allow almost anything. refnames, on

> the other hand are identifiers and as such it makes sense for them to

> be more constrained. For instance, if you allow new lines in them it

> opens a whole bunch of questions as to what white space "counts".

In Text::Markdown, I'm allowing new lines in link text:

http://svn.kulp.ch/cpan/text_multimarkdown/trunk/t/Text-
Markdown.mdtest/Links_multiline_bugs_1.text
http://svn.kulp.ch/cpan/text_multimarkdown/trunk/t/Text-
Markdown.mdtest/Links_multiline_bugs_2.text

As it was specifically reported to me as a bug:

http://bugs.debian.org/459885

Cheers
Tom