Markdown Extra Spec: Parsing Section

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri May 9 22:26:36 EDT 2008

Le 2008-05-09 à 15:06, John MacFarlane a écrit :

> Newer versions of Markdown.pl and PHP Markdown do allow the trailing

> '[]' to be omitted.

I think you should say "semi-private betas" of Markdown.pl and PHP
Markdown allow trailing [] to be omitted.

This feature isn't supported in the publicly available versions linked
from Daring Fireball's Markdown page or my own project page for PHP
Markdown. In the case of PHP Markdown, the code is there but only
activated in some beta versions; otherwise it is commented out until a
corresponding Markdown.pl goes out of beta with that feature.

I've been wondering if I should enable it for PHP Markdown Extra
though, in which case it'd have to be in the spec.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/