Query about emphasis

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 09:40:59 EDT 2009

> /some text/ --> <font style="italic">some text</font>

> -s-o-m-e-t-e-x-t- --> <font style="struckout">some text</font>

> _some text_ --> <font style="underline">some text</font>

> *some text* --> <font style="bold">some text</font>

> I anticipate that there probably won't be much appetite for changing the

> markdown tool, so I intend to have a go at implementing the above for my own

> "local" markdown (with approximately zero knowledge of Python). However, I

> would be interested what other list members think about this? Does anyone

> else see it as an issue or not?

> Thanks all, and GREAT WORK markdown team!

If you implement it, keep it simple: <i>some text</i>
Or possibly if you want more control <span class="italic">some text</span>?

One of the things I don't like about the markdown spec is that while I can
do strong or emphasis I can't do strong emphasis.

Warning: Written before coffee.

--
Sherwood Botsford
Sherwood's Forests -- http://Sherwoods-Forests.com