Query about emphasis

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sun Jun 21 10:33:24 EDT 2009

* Sherwood Botsford <sgbotsford at gmail.com> [2009-06-21 15:45]:

> If you implement it, keep it simple: <i>some text</i>

> Or possibly if you want more control <span class="italic">some text</span>?

That’s not more control. In terms of semantics and stylability,
the two ways are entirely equivalent.

> One of the things I don't like about the markdown spec is that

> while I can do strong or emphasis I can't do strong emphasis.

You __*certainly*__ can.

(Actually you don’t even need to switch syntax markers: triple
asterisks or underscores will work just as well. But using two
different styles together makes the source text easier to read
for a human.)

Regards,