Query about emphasis

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:55:15 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Simon Bull<waysoftheearth at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Okay, thanks for the pointers -- I will see how far I get.

> So what is the relationship (if any) between the Python-Markdown[1] and the

> Markdown2[2] implementations?

Other than the fact that they are both markdown implementations and
both are written in python - none. Python Markdown has been around a
lot longer and has an extensive extension api. Markdown2 is intended
to be a direct port markdown.pl and is relatively young. To my
knowledge they do not share any code and are maintained by different
individuals.

> Is this list primarily oriented toward discussion of one over the other, or

> open to more general discussion?

This list was (I believe) originally intended for discussion of the
perl implementation (the first - created by John Gruber) and has
expanded to be a general discussion forum for any and all
implementations.

If you would like to discuss specifics or code regarding the
Python-Markdown implementation, we have our own list here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=python-markdown-discuss

--
----