More continuing text for tables

David E. Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Tue Jun 23 17:01:19 EDT 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:01 PM, Simon Bull wrote:

> * The colon is used more commonly in content than the pipe, and,

> * ':' is markdown syntax denoting a definition list.

Actually, it's in used for a definition list in MultiMarkdown.
Markdown does not support definition lists. I have a [related proposal]
[] for definition lists that's identical to what MM does, except that
it uses ~ instead of :, both because it's easier to see as a bullet in
many fonts, and because it's not all that common.

[related proposal]: http://justatheory.com/computers/markup/modest-markdown-proposal.html

Best,

David