Yuri Takhteyev qaramazov at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:28:51 EDT 2009

> Perhaps there's no room in markdown for this enhancement in the name of a

> minor feature. This is understandable.

It is entirely reasonable, I think, that some people want specific
"minor" features that do not have broad enough support to make them
standard (and thus a requirement for all implementations). This is the
main reason why with python markdown we have focused on making it
easy to add such features as extensions. The feature you are proposing
is exactly the kind of things we've had in mind.

- yuri

--
http://spu.tnik.org/