No subject

John Kipling Lewis jklewis at umich.edu
Mon May 4 10:23:09 EDT 2009

I suppose I didn't mean to *replace* the existing system in favour of this
one, but rather augment markdown from one of it's stated goals:

"...the single biggest source of inspiration for Markdown.s syntax is the
format of plain text email."

It's common practice to add^H^H^H put these makes in for clarity. In
current Markdown they would be represented as normal text, but the
intention of the writer is strikethrough.

Perhaps there's no room in markdown for this enhancement in the name of a
minor feature. This is understandable.