markdown conversion routines

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:47:00 EDT 2011

Babelmark doesn't list the differences, but allows you to see the
differences in output (html, anyway.) This probably isn't enough.

But for basic markdown, it wouldn't take too long to cut and paste chunks of
sample code (from Gruber's site...) and see how the different markdowns
managleated them. After that you'd have to make a list of features, and
show different interpretations.

It would be a worthwhile effort, perhaps done with the owner of babelmark,
then a great web page describing and illustrating the differences.

***

This is the first time I've heard about Gruber's dissapointment with MMDs
extensions. Although it would seem on first blush to be a bit of a dog in
the manger attitude -- say nothing, don't participate in the discussion
about extensions, then complain when they are not to your liking.

While the multitude of directions for MD make it confusing, it is a
testament to how useful JG's concept is.

Mr. Gruber, perhaps an article on Daring Fireball about how your creation
has taken life of it's own, and has sired an entire family. You could
discuss how they contribute or fail to align to your vision of what MD
should be.

Respectfully,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests

Sherwood Botsford