markdown conversion routines

Alan Hogan contact at alanhogan.com
Thu Jun 23 15:22:31 EDT 2011

Quoth bowerbird:

> as far as what gruber would find to be

> distasteful about "multimarkdown", i'd

> say the answer would be perfectly clear:

> multimarkdown has sacrificed simplicity

> for power, a trade gruber wouldn't make.

> and one, frankly, which isn't necessary...

I think I am in agreement, if by "isn't necessary" you mean to say that simply providing more features to Markdown doesn't force end users to use them, or even really know they exist.

I know I am firmly on the side of "this stuff -- footnotes, DLs, fenced code, attributes on headers, automatic TOC -- is useful, and sensibly implemented in the Markdown plain-text spirit, and thus good," myself.
Alan

http://blogic.com
contact at alanhogan.com