Community Group for Markdown Standardization

Jelks Cabaniss jelks at jelks.nu
Wed Nov 21 03:20:32 EST 2012

Hi Paul,

First, thank you for coming on this list. Secondly, I'm glad to see
Markdown even being considered by the W3C for standardization. John Gruber
-- even if he isn't -- should be proud. His idea was genius.

That said, the original Markdown has no concept of class and id attributes
on arbitrary elements, even div and span elements -- you currently have to
resort to "regular" HTML. Since you are looking at implementing the W3C
Aria accessibility attributes, I hope you folks will look into this.

Thanks (and welcome!:),

Jelks