How to insert a blank line between blockquote paragraphs?

David Chambers david.chambers.05 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:33:12 EDT 2012

> http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=%3E+foo%0A%0A%3E+bar%0A%0A

(http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=%3E+foo%0A%0A%3E+bar%0A%0A)
I love pandoc's approach here. It's logical, and makes it just as trivial to mark up consecutive single-paragraph quotes as it is to mark up a two-paragraph quote.

This is exactly the sort of thing that could be profitably discussed were we not bound by the somewhat inconsistent behaviour of the original Perl script. Do others agree that pandoc's treatment of such cases is preferable to the “specified” behaviour? What I'm asking is what others would advocate if we were discussing a hypothetical format with no backwards-compatibility concerns. (Let's not have every discussion derailed by the backwards-compatibility discussion.) :)

David